We are committed to providing a fully inclusive environment. We believe that all children have the right to succeed and we aim to meet the individual needs of our pupils at all times. We are able to provide a range of interventions and strategies which will minimise barriers to learning in a fun and stimulating manner.
We hold the same expectations for pupils with a special educational need or disability (SEND) as for those without but remain fully aware that some children require a different approach in order to achieve success. Our Inclusion Team consists of:
- a qualified SENCo, Mr Martin Cumming
- Children’s Champion (Pastoral Worker), Mrs Lorraine Blows
- several teaching assistants trained as ELSAs (Emotional Literacy Support Assistants)
- an ELKLAN trained speech and language teaching assistant
- a Well Being Worker, Victoria Emmonds (from Local Authority – 1/2 day per fortnight)
Find out more about our provision for children with Special Educational Needs in our SEN Information Report below.